" If you believe in nothing else, Believe in yourself "

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Hey Hows it going,

I should be writing to say that I'm Home in Elgin with a big pile of equipment and my crew ready to go out tomorrow and start filming my anticipated first film "Collision", Instead I'm telling you that equipment is fully booked for a month, So Ive had to postpone filming, When I found out that I wouldn't be able to book equipment I wondered for a second if I was actually ever going to get this project done. Any possible thing that could have went wrong, has done. Then I Remembered the quote at the top of the page. So my only real option is to share equipment which has already been booked and I've managed to arrange that for the end of April into the beginning of May.

Some good news is that I've completed my duties of Cameraman for the third time in Sulaiman's crew, and I've found myself in demand for classmates films for the future as well. So I'm learning more and more on camera and Im fairly comfortable in that position.

The only real challenge left now is directing, which I'm not sure how I will perform at. I know what I want, but I'm unsure as to how I will get that across to my crew and eventually my audience. Organisation is also a problem for me. I find it difficult to organise people and places and I would much rather leave that job to someone else. In reality though a director mainly directs action. If it came to anything else he'd say what he wants where he wants it would be someone else's job to make that happen.
This Isn't the case for me, I do not have that Luxury and have to organise and source things for myself which can be a huge task if like me you often struggle with organisation. At the end of the day though I have to keep in mind the satisfaction I will get if the whole thing is a success. Then I will most likely jump back into a whole world of stress over again.

And after Collision a 6 minute film, Which has caused huge stress, The next challenge is a 25 minute documentary. I'm excited already...

No comments:

Post a Comment